There are a lot of moving parts when you’re organizing a photoshoot — it can be difficult to keep track of it all. Here’s a checklist to help keep you organized and put you at ease. Keep scrolling for a PDF version that you can use as a checklist.
The Week of the Shoot
- Confirm with everyone involved.
- Send call sheet to crew.
- Prepare mood board and/or shot list, lighting plans, etc.
- Review equipment list. Indicate:
- equipment you are bringing
- equipment provided by the studio
- additional equipment needed
- Make arrangements for rental equipment if necessary.
- Scout location; know what to expect.
- Check out food and parking nearby, etc.
The Day Before the Shoot
- Review equipment list and pack gear.
- Charge camera batteries.
- Pack backup equipment.
- memory card
- Check camera settings.
- Format memory card.
- Clean lenses.
- Check directions.
- Review details such as shot list, client requests, etc.
DOwnload the checklist
Enter your email below for a PDF version of this list that you can use as a checklist.